Tours in English for Tourists |
Kibbutz, Agriculture, security
Tours in English for Tourists
Contact: Yonatan Alter - 050-8652-355 firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Lookout over the border with Jordan, including:
* An explanation about our position on the map of Israel, the African Rift Valley and its history
* Man’s arrival in the region (along the African Rift Valley around one million years ago).
* The birthplace of Christianity (2,000 years ago),
the birthplace of the Kibbutz Movement (100 years ago).
* The hydroelectric power plant using water from Naharyim.
* An explanation about the security situation (500 meters from the border0 in the context of Jordan’s demographic structure. (80% Palestinians controlled by 20% Hashemites), the War of Attrition 1968-1970, Black September and the current situation.
· Gift: A map of the region in English
* Dates, their sexual relations (there is a male tree and a female tree, how do they do it?), why aren’t dates sown? How were dates brought to Israel?
* Bananas, a tree… a bush? a weed? How many years does a banana tree live? Why is the banana sad? (because it has no luck with sex) So how does the banana multiply?
· Gift: A taste of dates
An hour and a half to this point
3. Kibbutz: Why was this lifestyle started? What revolution did they achieve? (total, in all areas: language, religion, work, culture)
Education on the kibbutz: shared accommodation - for and against, visiting a kindergarten, visiting a baby house (meeting my grandson).
Socialism, how does it work? and why didn’t it work? what remains of the kibbutz?
· Gift: A booklet about the kibbutz (in English)
Another hour and a half
· The three tours can be mixed
· Swimming in the kibbutz pool can be included
· A dairy or meat meal at the charming "Hayoh Hayah" café can be included
· Hosting can be provided at the homes of kibbutz members